Visualization Sketches Crystallize Ideas and Get Your Company Onboard
The ideation exercise before the solution comes into existence can benefit significantly from visualization. Note that the most instinctive action while brainstorming is to go to the whiteboard and start sketching out ideas. It helps crystallize your intuition as well as bring the rest of the team into the debate. And that sketch then becomes the pivot that everyone alludes to as they advance conceptual ideas. And the sketch itself becomes like a mirror – making commonplace thoughts or one’s with logical gaps jump out at you. If your business is counting on the rollout of new solutions then why not visualize them in the best way possible. And while these beta thoughts are far from publishable to the marketplace there is still a big sell that needs to be packaged – you need your management team, the finance department (you want budget right?) and the rest of the company excited about the next level of innovation. And for signing up beta customers, these initial concept sketches can be package so you can get your first trial customers onboard with you vision.
Multiple Business Goals with Multiple Engagement Points
Advancing the best ideas and getting company onboard with new vision has multiple benefits:
- It’s a New Idea Right? – By definition if you bringing your company and your marketplace into new conceptual territory you need bring them into your framework.
- Connecting the Dots – In that fuzzy ideation mode you need to get a tight, cohesive picture of how the idea will come into reality especially if it’s a complex or nuanced offering.
- Getting Your Team Onboard– You need to push the best idea (and reject the bad ones) with your team and refined pictogram will drive the right vision through.
- Getting Management and Employees Onboard – It may be internal buy in but there is a “sell” going on – the best ideas can go by the wayside if not packaged correctly.
- Beta-Clients Need to be Onboarded – Before you have made full commitment to a production run and marketing packaging, your beta clients have to get the point.
- Show Them You Care – The fact that you so carefully visualize your new offering underscores your care and rigor you have put into the ideation process and shows them you value your audience’s time.
To see more samples of the Frame Concepts Social Media and Visual Solutions as well as other visual solutions, click here to view a sortable portfolio.